Gaian

Can't use Search bar and sorting

Whenever I try searching for a Tray file with the search bar it doesn't do anything. I hit the Enter key and it makes a rejected system sound and nothing changes. I'm using v1.10.4.3 on Windows 8.1. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this or if I'm doing something wrong?

Also, related, is there a way to sort all the listed tray files by name? I have a bunch of tray files and a lot of duplicates so I want to organize what I'm seeing by name so I can figure out what I should get rid of. I've search google and this forum and tried all the buttons in the software. Is this something that's possible?

You may have a bunch of items that contain the same search term. 🤔

The list is filtered as you type, check if the number of items found changes.

Sorry, there is no sorting option but I'll see what I can do.

The list isn't getting smaller as I search, all the same files are there. I've tried searching for terms that aren't in any of my files and terms that are but the list never changes. Even the little icons under the search bar for Households, Lots, Rooms, and Created by, aren't filtering at all. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it again but the same things happen

Yep, if the icons are broken the search box will be broken too ! 😕

Can you select items in the list after you've applied a filter?

Not sure what is causing this, but you may have one broken item that cause the filtering to abort. 🤔

Hi, Sorry about taking so long to reply. Lots of stuff going on and all.

I can click the items in the list after I've applied the filter but the filters aren't filtering anything. So its acting like I never filtered.

I'm glad it isn't stopping from accessing items. I wonder what item could be causing this. Nothing is showing up as wrong in the Mod Conflict detector 🤔

Update! I figured out what was causing the problem! After I found all the random unconnected tray files for my other problem with the red 'you' files, I moved them to a separate folder to check that my good files were still all together. And removing all the random red 'you' files freed up the filter and search capabilities.

So my 2 problems were connected, what a relief this one is solved. Thank you for your help with it 🙂

I'm glad you finally found a fix to this problem.
Do you still have some samples of these broken files? 🤔