Sign in to follow this  
no00ob

Translation Tool won't save my changes

Hello, 

I tried to create a new translation for the program, but today when I loaded the locale_fi.txt in the translation tool (The file I saved the translations) all the strings I changed yesterday have turned back into English but s4ti still shows all the strings I changed yesterday I also tried to load the other file in the different directory but same happened with it. I tested to save it today, the translation tool said "Do you want to overwrite this blahblah?" I clicked yes it says successfully overwritten but it does not change the date the file has been modified. Also when I click "Save as" and save it the modified date finally changes but the result is same, all of the changed strings defaulted back to English. Any help cause I'd really like to translate this software?

Edited by no00ob
Half of the sentences got deleted when I posted this ??? Added them back

Hello @no00ob,

By clicking Save, the loaded file is not updated but rather saved in %ProgramData%\TeameeVo\Sims 4 Tray Importer\locales ready to use by S4TI.
Instead Save As should be used to update the loaded file.

I admit that it's counterintuitive. 😕

I will fix it for the next release.

For now, try to load the file located in %ProgramData%\TeameeVo\Sims 4 Tray Importer\locales and see if you can resume your translation.

If it still reverts back to english, send me the file so I can examine it.

Ah... Thank you for clarification but it still won't save the file no matter what I do. It won't save more than once basically cuz when I create a new language file edit a string and save it it works but if I try to edit it and then save it again then it won't save like the first one also I had luckily a back up of the file so no information lost just need to get this working.

locale_fi.txt

Here's a version with the fixed Save command: S4TI_unified_inst_190711-2.zip

The Save command should now act as expected and update the currently loaded file.

Once you're ready, click File>Install translation to import it in S4TI.

Update: fix a bug that could reset text when pasted.

On a side note, the installer now come with a Finnish translation. ^^
If you also want to translate the custom strings, here they are:

[CustomMessages]
AppComment                 =Import/Export the content of your Sims 4 library.
OpenAppWebPage             =Open application homepage
VerIcon                    =Search for Update
SupportIcon                =Support
CreateDesktopIconMe        =For me only
CreateDesktopIconAll       =For all users
LogIcon                    =ChangeLog.txt
CreateLogIcon              =Create a shortcut for &ChangeLog.txt in Start Menu
DOTNETNotInstalled         =Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5.2 or better is not installed.%n%nMicrosoft .Net Framework is required to run this application.%nSee download page for more info:%n{#MyAppURL}
DOTNETNotInstalledXP       =Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 or better is not installed.%n%nMicrosoft .Net Framework is required to run this application.%nSee download page for more info:%n{#MyAppURL}
VersionCheck               =A new version could be available at '{#MyAppURL}'.%n%nCheck for Update now?
AutoDetect                 =Auto Detect
StandardInstall            =Standard Installation
LegacyInstall              =Legacy Installation
X64Bit                     = - 64-bit

Latest version can be found here.

Le 11/07/2019 à 15:52, no00ob a dit :

It won't save more than once basically cuz when I create a new language file edit a string and save it it works but if I try to edit it and then save it again then it won't save like the first one

Loading and saving seems to work fine, so I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you. 🤔

The only time where the change was not saved was when editing a cell. If you don't release the cell by clicking outside, the change is not notified and won't be saved.