• Language

[SOLVED] Can't install, "Windows cannot access the specified device..."

Dosu Lim

I can not download sims 4 tray importer.

Cannot access the specified device, path or file, can not be accessed. You do not have the necessary permissions to access this entry.

this message keep showing when I click the .exe file.

I use .net 7!

can you tell me why?

• Team
Le ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎10 à 01:15, Dosu Lim a dit :

I trying to install after unlock the zip file.

there is just one file but that meeage keep showing

What do you mean by "unlock the zip file"? :ermm:

Did you extract the file?

Also see this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2669244/windows-cannot-access-the-specified-device-path-or-file-error-when-you

Citation

Method 5: Unblock the file

In some cases the file may be blocked by Windows. Check the properties of the file, there may be a note saying This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer To check for and unblock the file, follow these steps:

1. Right-click the blocked file and then select Properties.
  2. In the General tab, select Unblock if the option is available.

Method 6: Check to see if your antivirus software is blocking the file

You can check to see if your antivirus software is blocking a file by temporarily disabling it, and then trying to open the file. If you have to temporarily disable your antivirus software, you should re-enable it as soon as you are done. If you’re connected to the Internet while your antivirus software is disabled, your PC is vulnerable to attacks.

Important: Disabling your antivirus software or changing the settings may make your PC vulnerable to viral, fraudulent, or malicious attacks. Microsoft does not recommend that you disable your antivirus software or change the settings.  If you have to temporarily disable your antivirus software, you should re-enable it as soon as you are done. Use this workaround at your own risk. To temporarily disable your antivirus software, see Disable antivirus software

I was just about to download this mod for the first time and saw that it was updated just an hour ago, but I just can't seem to get it to run. The extracted EXE file will not open, and will show this error message whenever I try to open it to install. Please help!

error.jpg

• Team
il y a 55 minutes, Mia.Miu a dit :

I was just about to download this mod for the first time and saw that it was updated just an hour ago, but I just can't seem to get it to run. The extracted EXE file will not open, and will show this error message whenever I try to open it to install. Please help!

Look like the same problem than here http://luniversims.com/forums/topic/6942-i-can-not-download-it/ :ermm:

Check your Antivirus

1 hour ago, deevo said:

Look like the same problem than here http://luniversims.com/forums/topic/6942-i-can-not-download-it/ :ermm:

Check your Antivirus

I allowed the exe (after installing the original file) through my firewall, but it still has that error messages. I didn't turn off my firewall entirely, but I did add that exe into my 'allowed apps', but it still doesn't work.