• Language

S4TI for Mac is selecting more items than 1 for deletion

st0rmtrooperx

I'm currently running the most recent version of S4TI for Mac. After selecting a CC item to delete, the next one I click will more than likely start selecting multiple items and then I can't delete anything anymore. Sometimes it fixes itself when I click around and I think it fixes itself if you click off the application and back on it but I never had this issue with previous versions and it's becoming super annoying. Here is an example of what I'm trying to describe:

59f37132a52f4_ScreenShot2017-10-27at1_44_45PM.thumb.png.4be784256fdd678cc389a64358332ef3.png

• Team

Hi @st0rmtrooperx,

Yes, the toolkit I'm using seems to produce undesired effects on other platforms than Windows. :(

Currently the build is broken and the only way to fix it is to rewrite everything, so the only workaround is to revert to an older version.

If you have deleted it, go to the download page then click on See changelog or « Voir le journal des modifications », there you will be enable to select a older build and download it.

Check your keyboard for any stuck keys since they could also cause the multi selection.

You can try to navigate using the arrows of your keyboard, they should select only one item at a time unless you hold the Shift key.

Alternatively you can try to setup Wine or PlayOnMac and S4TI for Windows.

1 hour ago, deevo said:

Hi @st0rmtrooperx,

Yes, the toolkit I'm using seems to produce undesired effects on other platforms than Windows. :(

Currently the build is broken and the only way to fix it is to rewrite everything, so the only workaround is to revert to an older version.

If you have deleted it, go to the download page then click on See changelog or « Voir le journal des modifications », there you will be enable to select a older build and download it.

Check your keyboard for any stuck keys since they could also cause the multi selection.

You can try to navigate using the arrows of your keyboard, they should select only one item at a time unless you hold the Shift key.

Alternatively you can try to setup Wine or PlayOnMac and S4TI for Windows.

Ahh ok that makes sense, that's too bad. I'm a programmer myself and rewriting and refactoring something for work currently so I can understand the frustration :P 
I've tried navigating using the arrow keys and that seems to work, just a weird scrolling issue so I'm going to convert back to the old version I was using. I deleted it a week ago and was looking for the older versions earlier when I wrote the post but wasn't sure where to look.

I use Parallels to run S4Studio to view and fix CC that I can't do in the Mac version but I like the convenience of S4TI Mac version since it does what I need :) 

Thank you for directing and helping me out, much appreciated! :D 

• Team
il y a 29 minutes, st0rmtrooperx a dit :

I've tried navigating using the arrow keys and that seems to work, just a weird scrolling issue

Another one to the list of undesired effects! :P

il y a 46 minutes, st0rmtrooperx a dit :

Ahh ok that makes sense, that's too bad. I'm a programmer myself and rewriting and refactoring something for work currently so I can understand the frustration :P

And not counting I'm using my freetime! :rolleyes:

But yes it is really broken, I think the mix between the early releases and the current release of Eto.Forms doesn't help and some errors are only Mono related which is harder to debug since I'm not on Mac.

I'm currently working on porting the Windows version to a new toolkit, so same features and same UI for everyone... at least it's the goal! ^_^

For now it is limited to view the library, which it does flawlessly even knowing it is only javascript powered, but once the backend will be connected more features will reappear from time to time.

Parallels If you are using Parallels I recently fixed how to access the game from a VM so that you can point both the InstallDir and Documents to those on Mac.

S4Studio Did they just added some new features to the Mac version? :ermm:

18 hours ago, deevo said:

Another one to the list of undesired effects! :P

The scrolling issue is definitely an interesting one but it's not a huge issue. I'll click an item, it opens my finder and as I'm deleting the CC it will start scrolling on it's own both vertically and horizontally, like it has a mind of it's own:pouffe:  Normally I click and drag the scrollbar to avoid it but sometimes I accidentally use the trackpad and it starts happening. It's a very laggy scroll when it happens so it might be because I have so many items on a lot that I'm trying to delete currently since it doesn't happen with a small list of items I think.

19 hours ago, deevo said:

And not counting I'm using my freetime! :rolleyes:

But yes it is really broken, I think the mix between the early releases and the current release of Eto.Forms doesn't help and some errors are only Mono related which is harder to debug since I'm not on Mac.

I'm currently working on porting the Windows version to a new toolkit, so same features and same UI for everyone... at least it's the goal! ^_^

For now it is limited to view the library, which it does flawlessly even knowing it is only javascript powered, but once the backend will be connected more features will reappear from time to time.

I wish I knew a little more about Eto.Forms and Mono but if there is anything I can do to help debug on Mac in the future I'm all for it. I'm always interested in learning :)  I'm happy to hear you are working on something as such but of course there is no rush because as you said you are working in your spare time and I know how difficult that can be. The goal you have in mind sounds very rewarding so I wish you good luck :)  I really appreciate what you have done so far, this program has been a lifesaver for helping me organize my CC folder. 

19 hours ago, deevo said:

S4Studio Did they just added some new features to the Mac version? :ermm:

They have but sadly haven't added the 'My CC' button that allows you to view and edit CC through the folder tree view. So I use the Mac version for batch fixes and merging packages and the Windows version if I want to dive deeper :P 

• Team
il y a une heure, st0rmtrooperx a dit :

I'll click an item, it opens my finder and as I'm deleting the CC it will start scrolling on it's own both vertically and horizontally, like it has a mind of it's own:pouffe: 

If I remember, the list is updated once it regains the focus, so that could be the issue! :rolleyes:

Il y a 1 heure, st0rmtrooperx a dit :

if there is anything I can do to help debug on Mac in the future I'm all for it. I'm always interested in learning :) 

The first step will be to release a demo to test the UI, at this stage it will be pretty light weight and won't support CC. I just need to polish some bits, but once the demo is ready, it will be available to everyone to test!

Since it will still require C#/Mono, I'll need to find a way to make it runs without too much work which is hard without a Mac, so any help will be welcome! ^_^
Currently the new UI use Sciter as frontend, a light weight html renderer. There is some little bugs here and there, but beside this it seems promising!

Il y a 2 heures, st0rmtrooperx a dit :

They have but sadly haven't added the 'My CC' button that allows you to view and edit CC through the folder tree view.

My bad, I thought I heard they just added it. :blush:
On Windows, WPF make thing easier when it come to basic 3D rendering, it's so easy no hard skilling required!

I may always consider adding a basic browser that show content like if you where in the game, making easy to find the broken ones, even if the thumbnails are missing.
This column, this row, after this one... there you are! :P