• Language

S4TI on Virtual Machine

twmuse

• Team

@twmuse :rolleyes:

The problem is that it thinks it is on Windows and the game directory structure is a bit different whether you are on Mac or Windows.

So unless you copy the game to Windows and fix the missing Game\Bin\TS4.exe it won't work!

Then again it will fail to find the Documents folder since the path is not editable from S4TI. You can copy it from Mac to Windows but it will just take up more space.

How are you accessing the game from Windows?

I'll try to put a quick fix so that it works with Parallels:
Documents   -> //Mac/Home/Documents/

Applications -> //Mac/Home/Applications/The Sims 4.app
Game\Bin    -> MacOS

As you said, I think without a full windows version of the sims it would not work.

I run windows 10 on VirtualBox, and have it set up to share the applications and documents folder on the mac os side., this is how I had it set up to use mod conflict detector, till it stopped working on windows 10 after the last few windows updates.

The paths that worked on Mod Conflict Detector was like this:

Documents   -> /\\VBOXSVR\Documents/

Applications -> \\VBOXSVR\Applications/The Sims 4.app
Game\Bin    -> MacOS (This one I am not sure what part you are looking for.

• Team

@twmuse Do you have to setup the Documents folder manually in Mod Conflict Detector?

I was planning to let the user setup the Documents folder then finally decided to remove this feature.

Game\Bin is where the launcher is stored on Windows while on Mac it's stored in MacOS.

%InstallDir%\Game\Bin\TS4.exe or TS4_x64.exe

%InstallDir%\MacOS\The Sims 4

It's only used to verify that the game is fully installed.

@deevo

5 minutes ago, deevo said:

Do you have to setup the Documents folder manually in Mod Conflict Detector?

I was planning to let the user setup the Documents folder then finally decided to remove this feature.

Yes, I had to set both the game and documents folder paths.

Edited by twmuse

• Team

@twmuse Here's the modified version: S4TI_beta_inst_171009.zip (for Windows ^_^)

Rather than allowing to alter the location of the save folder, it only allows to change the location of the Documents folder.

It now show the Game Paths dialog if the Docs folder seem empty.

To change the location of the Documents folder:

- Open the Config Paths dialog (if not already done)

- Untick Auto Detect

- Click the '...' (browse) button, then select the new location

configdocs.png

And finally, don't forget to save! :rolleyes:

Well it starts up fine, but none of my households, or anything shows up.

59dcffccf0ba1_ScreenShot2017-10-10at10_10_53AM.png.08265304f7e3de1302889f55db20c272.png

I tried a few different paths to the documents folder, but no luck. When you change the file path, it goes to restart for changes to take effect, and pops up the config paths window each time set to auto again, like it is not saving. When I uncheck the auto box, it shows the paths I set, but nothing actually showing.

• Team

@twmuse The auto detect is always on because it will try to recover to default paths if the changes failed, unticking it show the current paths.

Click HELP>System Diagnistics on top of the screen, it should point out the problem.

Also make sure to change the locale in the Config Paths box, else it may fail to find your save folder.

@deevo Ok I will give that a try here in a few.

A little confused here

30 minutes ago, deevo said:

Also make sure to change the locale in the Config Paths box, else it may fail to find your save folder.

Do I point it to my Sims save folder, or just make a saves folder on the windows side?

• Team
il y a 38 minutes, twmuse a dit :

Do I point it to my Sims save folder, or just make a saves folder on the windows side?

in 'Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4', The Sims 4 can be localized depending on the selected locale (i.e.: French -> Les Sims 4). So changing the locale affects how to find your save folder.

The Documents folder replacement must contain a folder named 'Electronic Arts'.

If a box is decorated with red or orange, there's some thing wrong!