• Language

Access to registry key denied..?

Mousy

Hey! I really love that you made you this, and wanted to use it to get rid of some bad CC. I followed the download and install instructions on your page.. But when I try opening the program I get this message:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.
Access to the registry key 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\internet explorer\main\featurecontrol\feature_BROWSER_EMULATION' is denied.."

When I click "continue", nothing happens.. I'm using Windows 8, and I have the newest .NET installed.

registry key denied.png

Edited by Mousy

9 hours ago, deevo said:

@Mousy Your are using a windows account with lower privileges than standard user?

Switching user or running as admin should both work! :/

Thank you for responding~ 
There's only one windows account on my computer, so it's not that.. 

And I just tried running it as admin, and it still gives the same message :( 

• Team

@Mousy For some reasons Windows is blocking access to this key used to switch HTML render mode.

Is Windows 8 installed in 32-bit or 64-bit?

Try to disable your antivirus.

Since the proper render mode won't be available, the startup page will be useless, so a workaround is to install S4TI in legacy mode.

To force legacy mode create a command file right to the installer, ex: S4TI_unified_inst_legacymode.cmd

then append this line :

S4TI_unified_inst.exe /type=legacy

or

Download this file S4TI_unified_inst_legacymode.zip

Extract the command file and place it in the same folder as the installer.

Then launch the command file.

Thanks for reporting, I'll investigate to find out what is causing your issue. :/

• Team
Il y a 17 heures, Mousy a dit :

It now says "cannot import, not all data was successfully written to the registry".

Or Windows Registry is broken, or your Windows Account use too much restrictions, or Something is blocking it ! :(

Try this:

Press Win+R, type regedit.exe in the box, then press Ctrl+Shift+Enter

Use File>Import then select the reg file containing the fix.