• Language

[SOLVED] The Program Will Not Open!

OtakuLivylu

My Tray Importer will NOT open. Nothing shows up; no error message, not the program, NOTHING! Please Help!

Best answer:

Le ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎04 à 17:38, OtakuLivylu a dit :

After trying those things, I downloaded the Beta and it worked (for some reason)!

Edited by deevo
Added link to workaround ^^

PC - Windows 10

(P.s) I have already checked the other forum D:

1.) I reinstalled it - nope

2.) I updated Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5.2 - nope (I honestly thought that it'd work)

3.) I tried to launch it as admin - Nada~

4.) I checked my system for antiviruses and I turned it off to start the tray importer - zilch

5.) I tried to move the tray folder but nothing happened

6.) And I even looked in the events viewer and found nothing )':

I also tried to troubleshoot the program and it says that it's incompatible...

(P.P.S) This program has also worked for me previously (4 days ago) but has stopped working

afd.png

Edited by OtakuLivylu
forgot info.

• Team

Hi @OtakuLivylu,

Since you have Windows 10, better to install .Net 4.7. (If you have the Creator Update, you already have the latest version!)

Make sure you are not installing S4TI in compatibility mode, else it may install the legacy version.

You can also check the program version, 1.5.4.101 for legacy and 1.5.4.1 for full version.

Since it was working 4 days ago, try to clean the cache :

1. Browse to... "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\TeameeVo\Sims 4 Tray Importer"

2. Then delete all files inside this folder or just delete Sims 4 Tray Importer folder.

Hi @deevo,

I actually did have .Net 4.7., my mistake.

I checked the program version, and I had installed the full version 1.5.4.1.

I then cleaned the cache and it still didn't work... I honestly don't know what's going on because this was such a random occurrence.

After trying those things, I downloaded the Beta and it worked (for some reason)! Although, it did not work as well as version 1.5.4.1 (it says that some things are missing), it is still working. I still cannot find the problem that it causing the program to not open )':. 

I did not say this earlier but; Thankyou for taking the time to help me!

• Like 1

• Team
il y a 11 minutes, OtakuLivylu a dit :

I actually did have .Net 4.7., my mistake.

You don't have .Net 4.7 because you are not yet running Windows 10 Creator Update. It will roll out soon or later! :/

But it is available as a separate download, so you don't need to wait for the Creator Update to install.

il y a 11 minutes, OtakuLivylu a dit :

it says that some things are missing

What is the exact message? :ermm:

Can you try this?:
http://luniversims.com/forums/topic/6451-program-unresponsive-and-check-for-update-window/?do=findComment&comment=110027

You may also try the legacy mode:

http://luniversims.com/forums/topic/6451-program-unresponsive-and-check-for-update-window/?do=findComment&comment=110024

Oh I'm sorry! What I meant by some things are missing, some mods are missing from my mods folder. 

(The amount of mods not found is so immense because I deleted the ones it did find because I didn't want them. The original amount of mods that it did not find was about 6.)

gs.png

as.png

• Team

Windows 10 Version 1607 is the Anniversary Update. But don't worry, the Creator Update will roll out!  :/

.Net 4.7 has got a lot of fails there! :rolleyes:

il y a 42 minutes, OtakuLivylu a dit :

I downloaded the Beta and it worked (for some reason)!

I switched off the files caching in version 1.5.4.1!

The beta was broken for basegame content. :whistle:

You may also try the 1.5.4 (it contains the same changes as the beta)

il y a 13 minutes, OtakuLivylu a dit :

The original amount of mods that it did not find was about 6

You mean that 6 was not found, even if they were available from the CAS? :ermm:

• Team

Hi @OtakuLivylu,

I uploaded a new beta.

If this version don't fix the problem, it also introduce a Safe Mode where you can force the program to disable some features on startup.

To force the Safe Mode simply edit the shortcut and append the '-safeMode' parameter in the Target field.

Doing so should allow to run the HELP>System Diagnostic.

Hi @deevo,

I just realized that the "6 missing content" items thing WAS base game content. I honestly should have looked at it more thoroughly.

The Beta is working fine for me now and I was able to delete all of the cc that I did not want anymore. 

And I will try out the new Beta as well! Thank you for your help on this issue. Hopefully I will be able to get the S4TI 1.5.4.1 version in the future (but the Beta has worked very well). The S4TI has helped me delete about 300 bits of cc that I did not like! Thank you for the wonderful creation :D!  

• Team
Il y a 3 heures, OtakuLivylu a dit :

The S4TI has helped me delete about 300 bits of cc that I did not like! Thank you for the wonderful creation :D!

This is not what this program was designed for, but it turned out being useful for cleaning CC after a few updates. ^_^

Il y a 3 heures, OtakuLivylu a dit :

Hopefully I will be able to get the S4TI 1.5.4.1 version in the future (but the Beta has worked very well).

Next version will be 1.5.5! :P