• Language

Tray Importer crashes at program start

ChiLLi

Hi! I hope I am right with my problem! First of all I apologize for my English, I come from Germany and translate a lot with Google Translate;)

Now to my problem!
The problem I have for about 3 weeks. Every time I start the Tray Importer the program simply crashes with the message "Tray Importer does not work anymore". The days before it came to this problem it always worked.
I have the Tray Importer uninstalled, reinstalled, cleaned my PC with the CCleaner (cleaning program), I have several versions of Tray Importer (I had still saved old on the PC). But always the same error message. Today I downloaded the latest version but it just does not start.

I have installed Windows 7 on my PC. Unfortunately, I do not know what to do and I hope someone can help here! Thanks in advance :)

• Team

Hi @ChiLLi,

Sorry about your problem. :(

1) Have you tried to launch it as administrator ?  It can be permission issue.

2) Make sure that the latest .Net Framework is installed.

.NET Framework 4.6.1 (Vista/7/8/10)

.NET Framework 4.0 (XP)

3) Force a reset.

Open command prompt, then write 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Sims 4 Tray Importer\Sims4TrayImporter.exe" -reset

If S4TI is not installed in the default location, replace 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Sims 4 Tray Importer' with the current path.

4) Temporary disable your anti-virus, then launch S4TI.

5) Try rename or move your 'Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray' folder, just to see if the error is caused by one of the installed items.

6) Remove all translations from S4TI.

Browse to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Sims 4 Tray Importer', then delete all folders (de, es, fr, pt, zh-Hans, zh-Hant).

7) Look in the Event Viewer if there is more info about the crash.

Hi, thanks for the fast reply! You do not need to apologize for my problem. It just made me feel helpless and I thought I'm just wondering now;)

I'll try the things you've listed later, because I have to go offline now. I'll get back to you as soon as I try all the steps! Thank you!

Hey!
I'm sorry I'm only answering now. I have now gone through every single step of it, but nothing has helped. A look at the event log then showed an error with Kernelbase.dll. I have a new user on my PC set up and thus once again tried the Trayimporter. It is working.

Now I have to find a way how I get rid of Gremlin in the PC and how I get my stuff on the new user.

Well, the error sits very often in front of the PC! ;) I should really leave the fingers of such programs! My friend knows a lot better.

We also came to the idea with system restoration yesterday. However, we will only be able to make an offer until 19.12. Given and there was the error already. He will now "move" my user and then I can hopefully finally use the Trayimporter again!

The link I have already stored, if we still need it.
Thank you for your help!

• Like 1