• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

*** Nevermind! I kept looking for it in the thread but I found the answer.   I followed the above steps but am still having some issues.   When I open the program a window titled "

just did and it works again thank you!

Thank you so much! I can finally clean out my friends stupid mods :))))))))))))))))) Also, thank you for replying quickly yay me

Posted Images

Did you receive an error during the chmod command?

If so, check the path or try putting sudo before chmod.

Else try to clean everything by removing S4TI and Mono.

Downloads the latest version of Mono from here.

- Run the installer package.

Downloads the latest version of S4TI from here.

- Extract it then move it to /Applications

If you still receive the "Can't be opened", you'll need to find why it still not register as executable.

@emylacy Are you trying the chmod command with sudo?

Yes it may ask for admin password.

From: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7586240?start=0&tstart=0

STEPS:
1. Open a terminal
2. Here are the commands:
cd
cd Applications
cd Sims4TrayImporter.app
cd Contents/MacOS

chmod +x Launcher
or
chmod +x *

if it doesn't work, try with sudo

sudo chmod +x Launcher
or
sudo chmod +x *

Note: * will patch all files in the current folder.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it't that version. Every time I click on a Sim that I saved to my library after the update the entire thing quits itself. And when I click on a Sim that was in my library before the update, it doesn't quit, but doesn't show any of the custom content on them. The section is just blank.

@madisonxox There are two versions, you must download Sims4TrayImporter_20170930_novfix.zip to get the fixed version.

I only patched some files so that it works with the November update, but I cannot update it since the build is broken. :(

If it does not works, try to run it as admin which should remove some restrictions on the unattended file versions caused by the quick fix. 

it opens and works fine with one exception

i can open old households and delete files but anything new (novemeber patch forward i assume) crashes the app. 

is there anything i can do to fix this?

im on a mac - el capitan btw

Edited by Mereruiha
missing info

Hi,

I have a macOS Sierra (ver. 10.12.6). I downloaded the program and the mono frame, the program opens but when I click on any lot/sim it crashes. 

If anyone can kindly help me with this problem, If I really can't open it using MAC then I want to use wine but I don't know what mono frame to download.

Thnx.

il y a 53 minutes, poca a dit :

I downloaded the program and the mono frame, the program opens but when I click on any lot/sim it crashes. 

Reinstalling Mono may fix the problem.

il y a 55 minutes, poca a dit :

If I really can't open it using MAC then I want to use wine but I don't know what mono frame to download.

The Windows version will not work on Wine with Mono, you will need the full .Net Framework. Details are on the download page.

Or you may also try this one http://luniversims.com/forums/topic/5970-s4ti-public-beta-macos/?do=findComment&comment=111941

• 4 months later...

Hello @Peppermint Patty,

I think your GateKeeper is blocking it. :(

Look here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491

Citation

How to open an app from a unidentified developer and exempt it from Gatekeeper

If you are confident the app downloaded from the Internet is the latest version and is from a source you trust, you can open an app from an unidentified developer by following these steps.

Note: In most cases, you will only have to perform these steps once for all user accounts on the Mac:

1. In Finder, Control-click or right click the icon of the app.
  2. Select Open from the top of contextual menu that appears.
  3. Click Open in the dialog box. If prompted, enter an administrator name and password.

Other useful link: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25088

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, it opens and everything, but my cc is not showing up, and I can't do anything with it. I tried to import something, but it just closes. I had to select the game by hand because the file that was already selected wasn't working, and it just kept asking me if that was the correct file, every time the app restarted to work on that file, it just kept asking me the same thing and nothing was happening. 

1432452989_Capturadepantalla2018-06-26ala(s)00_23_59.thumb.png.e284fac21992794138db2bc543d5c446.png

I have a problem, the application opens fine but it doesn't load my library. I looked through the post that you linked on this page but I can't find anything that will work. Please help! It can't seem to find the game and I don't know how to make it.

Never mind! I fixed it

Edited by josiecampp
  • 2 months later...

*** Nevermind! I kept looking for it in the thread but I found the answer.

I followed the above steps but am still having some issues.

When I open the program a window titled "config game" pops up with some options. If I click save a second window pops up warning me "config saved - This application must restart to apply changes - Restart Now?"

If I hit yes then the whole thing starts all over again.  If I try to cancel out of everything I get to the tray importer but it is empty and I cannot import my items.

Any idea whats going on?

Edited by lucb456
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1