Aller au contenu
Ce site utilise des cookies ! En apprendre plus

Ce site utilise des cookies !

Les cookies nous permettent de personnaliser le contenu et les annonces, d'offrir des fonctionnalités relatives aux médias sociaux et d'analyser notre trafic. Nous partageons également des informations sur l'utilisation de notre site avec nos partenaires de médias sociaux, de publicité et d'analyse, qui peuvent combiner celles-ci avec d'autres informations que vous leur avez fournies ou qu'ils ont collectées lors de votre utilisation de leurs services.

Pour en savoir plus sur la manière dont google utilise certaines données collectées cliquez sur le lien suivant : 

https://www.google.com/intl/fr/policies/privacy/partners/

Pour continuer d'utiliser ce site, vous devez accepter (en bas de la page) de nous permettre de stocker ces cookies sur votre ordinateur :) 

Vous trouverez ci dessous la liste des cookies et leur utilité :

Révélation

While some cookies will almost always be set by the Suite, there are some cookies that are set only in very specific circumstances.  If you have a need to identify all cookies the Suite may set, the following is a list of cookies and their intended purposes.

• ips4_hasJS

This cookie is set by javascript and then later read to determine if javascript is supported in the user agent.

• ips4_ipsTimezone

This cookie is set by javascript to detect the user's local time zone so that the software can adapt the displaying of times automatically.

• ips4_IPSSessionFront

This is a session tracking cookie, used to track the user between page clicks.

• ips4_member_id

This cookie would contain the user's member ID, used to "remember" the user in case their session ends between visits.

• ips4_pass_hash

This cookie would contain a hash used to validate that the viewing user's member ID was not forged (it is not the actual password hash).

• ips4_cms_filters (Pages only)

This cookie would track filters set by a user when filtering content in the Pages application.

• ips4_ipsApprovalQueueSplash (Moderators only)

This cookie would track that a user has acknowledged the splash screen in the Moderator CP so that it is not shown again.

• ips4_language (Guests only)

This cookie is used to track a language preference for a guest if the site has more than one language installed and the guest user chooses a specific language to use.

• ips4_anon_login

This cookie is used to track a user's anonymous login preference if they choose this option during the login process.

• ips4_theme (Guests only)

This cookie is used to track a theme preference for a guest if the site has more than one theme installed and the guest user chooses a specific theme to use.

• ips4_ipbforumpass_XXX

When a forum has a specific password set, this cookie is set once a user logs in to that forum to validate that they have logged in on subsequent page loads.

• ips4_thumbnailSize (Gallery only)

This cookie tracks what type of table layout to use in Gallery listings (list view, small thumbnails or large thumbnails)

Be aware that third party addons may set cookies as well, and that third party services integrated with the Suite (such as Google Analytics or Facebook Logins) may also set their own cookies.

twmuse

S4TI on Virtual Machine

Messages recommandés

deevo    1 741

@twmuse :rolleyes:

The problem is that it thinks it is on Windows and the game directory structure is a bit different whether you are on Mac or Windows.

So unless you copy the game to Windows and fix the missing Game\Bin\TS4.exe it won't work!

Then again it will fail to find the Documents folder since the path is not editable from S4TI. You can copy it from Mac to Windows but it will just take up more space.

How are you accessing the game from Windows?

I'll try to put a quick fix so that it works with Parallels:
Documents   -> //Mac/Home/Documents/

Applications -> //Mac/Home/Applications/The Sims 4.app
Game\Bin    -> MacOS

twmuse    1

As you said, I think without a full windows version of the sims it would not work.

I run windows 10 on VirtualBox, and have it set up to share the applications and documents folder on the mac os side., this is how I had it set up to use mod conflict detector, till it stopped working on windows 10 after the last few windows updates.

The paths that worked on Mod Conflict Detector was like this:

Documents   -> /\\VBOXSVR\Documents/

Applications -> \\VBOXSVR\Applications/The Sims 4.app
Game\Bin    -> MacOS (This one I am not sure what part you are looking for.

deevo    1 741

@twmuse Do you have to setup the Documents folder manually in Mod Conflict Detector?

I was planning to let the user setup the Documents folder then finally decided to remove this feature.

Game\Bin is where the launcher is stored on Windows while on Mac it's stored in MacOS.

%InstallDir%\Game\Bin\TS4.exe or TS4_x64.exe

%InstallDir%\MacOS\The Sims 4

It's only used to verify that the game is fully installed.

twmuse    1

@deevo

5 minutes ago, deevo said:

Do you have to setup the Documents folder manually in Mod Conflict Detector?

I was planning to let the user setup the Documents folder then finally decided to remove this feature.

Yes, I had to set both the game and documents folder paths.

Modifié par twmuse

deevo    1 741

@twmuse Here's the modified version: S4TI_beta_inst_171009.zip (for Windows ^_^)

Rather than allowing to alter the location of the save folder, it only allows to change the location of the Documents folder.

It now show the Game Paths dialog if the Docs folder seem empty.

To change the location of the Documents folder:

- Open the Config Paths dialog (if not already done)

- Untick Auto Detect

- Click the '...' (browse) button, then select the new location

configdocs.png

And finally, don't forget to save! :rolleyes:

twmuse    1

Well it starts up fine, but none of my households, or anything shows up.

59dcffccf0ba1_ScreenShot2017-10-10at10_10_53AM.png.08265304f7e3de1302889f55db20c272.png

I tried a few different paths to the documents folder, but no luck. When you change the file path, it goes to restart for changes to take effect, and pops up the config paths window each time set to auto again, like it is not saving. When I uncheck the auto box, it shows the paths I set, but nothing actually showing.

deevo    1 741

@twmuse The auto detect is always on because it will try to recover to default paths if the changes failed, unticking it show the current paths.

Click HELP>System Diagnistics on top of the screen, it should point out the problem.

Also make sure to change the locale in the Config Paths box, else it may fail to find your save folder.

twmuse    1

@deevo Ok I will give that a try here in a few.

A little confused here

30 minutes ago, deevo said:

Also make sure to change the locale in the Config Paths box, else it may fail to find your save folder.

Do I point it to my Sims save folder, or just make a saves folder on the windows side?

deevo    1 741
il y a 38 minutes, twmuse a dit :

Do I point it to my Sims save folder, or just make a saves folder on the windows side?

in 'Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4', The Sims 4 can be localized depending on the selected locale (i.e.: French -> Les Sims 4). So changing the locale affects how to find your save folder.

The Documents folder replacement must contain a folder named 'Electronic Arts'.

If a box is decorated with red or orange, there's some thing wrong!

twmuse    1

And that, I believe would be the keeper, all seems to be working spot on, now to find the full instructions for this version, and see what all the goodies do.

59dd67b39ffca_ScreenShot2017-10-10at5_25_37PM.thumb.png.3246e96f5212db145555c4193bd6c854.png

Thank you many, many times over for getting this working, in this oddball way of doing it on a Mac.

• Haha 1

deevo    1 741

A whole OS just to run a tiny program! lol

Hopefully this will help to make it run on Wine or PlayOnMac.

Il y a 6 heures, twmuse a dit :

now to find the full instructions for this version, and see what all the goodies do

Yes, the instructions is what it miss the most! :blush:

But this new version make it easier to discover some hidden features. :/

Update: You can now find a quick introduction here.