YIMann

Showing all CC needed

31 messages dans ce sujet

I tried to use the Tray Importer to determine what CC is necessary for a Sim. If the actual CC is not in the Mods directory it is not listed under CC in the Tray Importer and when I tried to replace a Sim CAS within the game it states that unavailable CC has been removed. How can I see the full list of needed CC to ensure I have the required CC in place in Mods. Merci

Hi,

CC can also be DLC Packs.

The game only stores the id of the objects in the file, no names, no info.

The best way is to find the source of the content and see if they have somewhere a list of the CC used, or simply ask the creator.

But I see what you mean.
It will be optional since it could really slow down the scan.

Thank you for reply and of course thank you for your tray importer program. In its current operation do you get those Ids and then list any that match CC in the Mods. Could the Ids of the unmatched be also listed.  Is there a utility program to display those Ids in human readable form. Again your assistance to Sims 4 players is most appreciated.

Yep, S4TI only scans the Mods folder and tries to match all the listed ids. Not the best way, but it's the fastest!
This part already needs to be rewritten since I also want to show CCs that replace the game contents.

I'm already working on forcing unmatched ids to be added to the list. :/

If you really need a tool now, I think there is a mod on ModTheSims that can list all the ids used by Sim while you are in game.

Hi,

I uploaded a beta here.

For now, this should at least works for Sims. :/

Color Table:

• Green -> Outside Mods folder  (used by Custom Paths and Original Game Files)
  • Red    -> Missing  (used by Missing Packs and Content Not Found)
  • Green Highlight -> Custom Paths
  • Red Highlight    -> Content Not Found
  • Gray Highlight   -> Duplicate

Thank you for this beta which I am now exploring. Your program is very much appreciated. Merci beaucoup.

The CC tab in the tray importer has all CC needed for the sims or lot. There will be a section that says "Missing" if you do not have it. I know that. My issues is, everyone I have seen using the importer has been able to then search it on google, I do not have that option working. I can see it, but it is grayed out and not clickable. :(

Hi @caligurl4evr,

The find on Google option won't work for parts in red, simply because there's no info except for the id which most creators won't publish. :(

This option work better for existing contents (not red) that don't have a friendly name.

The first thing you should try is finding the original creator of the item and ask him/her which CC is linked to the id.

In an alternative world, CC creators append the content id alongside their CCs, this way we have a better chance to find the missing parts. :rolleyes:

If you feel lucky, you can write the id on Google with "sims 4" keyword, but this may just not works.

But if the option is grayed out for contents other than missing ones (red) or game contents (green), that should not be the case. :ermm:

Thank you, that makes sense. I just wish some creators were better about giving CC links :(  This is why I wanted that button to work. Thank you for your response.

There's so many CC creators that something we forgets who created them. Adding the id would be a good idea, if not a good practice. ^_^

Current version allows to append a mini lookbook, but user must fill the CC info in the CC tab prior to use it. This option is available in the Export dialog.

The lookbook is read by S4TI when importing and allows to resolve CCs even when they are missing.

This allows to exclude the CC files and reduce the download size, but user will need to download each CCs.

Also, Exporting with an older version and Importing with a newer one may leads to missing CCs since some parts where unknown to older versions and the user was not award that it was part of their content.

Current version has a problem with genetic parts not listed. Further missing parts to come ! :rolleyes:

Hello @Master Leonard DeVooci ;)

I just have a question about the CC thumbnails preview. Some of them are not showing even though there are thumbnails in the package.

Any idea why some do not show in preview and some do?

27 minutes ago, deevo said:

Hello @LuvMySimz,

Do you have the link to that CC?

Never mind my question, I've figured it out ;)

I checked the packages with Sims4Studio and saw that some recolors have no thumb and some do.

So it's not the program's fault.

What I did to fix the issue - I opened the CC in CAS and clicked on ALL the swatches so the game will generate (temporary) thumbnails for All swatches.

Then I opend the package with Sims4Studio again and added a "Catalog Thumbnail Overlay" in the Extra/Modding Tab. :)

Whit this methode the tumbnail will stay once you delete the localthumbcache.package file in the S4 Folder ;)

Hello @LuvMySimz,

I'm glad you figured out a way to fix your problem. ^_^

Scanning ID is fast, once all matches are found the search is stopped which prevents further caching, but has the side effect you have described.

This add another problem with merged contents, which could show the wrong infos and/or thumbnails.

I will look if I can add an additional scan to sort content by their group so that it can better handle the main object thumbnail, but this could be really slow, particularly on non SSD drives. :ermm:

Since it already scans for meshes and contents are now cached, the speed should not be so much worst! :rolleyes:

Posté(e) (modifié)

Good Morning @deevo smilie_girl_coffee.pc.gif

Actually the missing thumb problem refers mainly to the hair swatches. They behave a bit different then clothing swatches as I'm sure you already noticed. smilie_girl_zwinkern.gif

The game creates its own (temporary) clothing thumbnails for each color swatch (if there is not custom thumbnail) as you click them, but hair swatches are not.

Only the first thumbnail icon will be showing no matter if you click each hair color swatch. That s...s!

If a Sim is wearing the third hair color swatch, let's say red, and that swatch does not have a thumbnail, then your program sometimes says that a mod is missing.

Especially after you delete the localthumbcache.package in S4 Folder.

So in order to make your program realize each color swatch of hairs, the creator/user would have to add a custom thumbnail for each hair swatch.

Most of the times the creators only add thumbnails for the first swatch and leave the rest blank. Same with some clothing, but at least the game creates them for everything but hair.

I spend 3 days now editting CC's adding thumbnail frame overlays to each temporary game created thumbnail icons such as clothing, jewelry, shoes, makeup etc.

just so your program would'nt say missing mod or showing empty preview when clicking CC on Sims

Can't do the same thing for hair because of the lacking hair thumbnail creation in game. girl_sigh.gif

I don't understand why the game does not create thumbs for for each hair swatches also as it does with everything else. That's beyond my understanding. confuse_2.gif

Modifié par LuvMySimz

Good morning :cafe:,

You made a great finding! :super1:

Il y a 2 heures, LuvMySimz a dit :

If a Sim is wearing the third hair color swatch, let's say red, and that swatch does not have a thumbnail, then your program sometimes says that a mod is missing.

If the swatch exists, a missing thumbnail should not cause an object to be reported as missing, so there is probably a bug and I may need some samples to work on! :ermm:

I'm also considering to add support for images to the Details Mode so that they could be embedded in the look book and imported later.

If you are not aware, the Details Mode allows my program to store valuable CC infos, like name, description, creator and url.

1 personne aime ça

Posté(e) (modifié)

Oh yes I am aware of the changes you've made to the Beta Version super.gif

As I tend to perfection how could I miss it lol.

1 hour ago, deevo said:

I'm also considering to add support for images to the Details Mode so that they could be embedded in the look book and imported later

How, if there aren't any thumbs included? Unless you're talking about already excisting thumbs. Or does my German brains once again misunderstood something ?

I would like the game to create thumbs for all hair color swatches which it doesn't.

When my Sim wears red hair (third swatch), but the first thumb is showing black hair, then your program will only show the first swatch and not the third where the red hair actually are.

ETA:

Just come to thinkin' that maybe the very first hair swatch is linked to ALL swatches. I have to do some editting tests with S4S to a hair package to see what will happen if I delete the first thumbnail from warehouse and add my own to each swatch...

Modifié par LuvMySimz

il y a 51 minutes, LuvMySimz a dit :

How, if there aren't any thumbs included?

Any image added by the user, but by default it will be the existing one if any. :/

This way even it can find the CC it will be able to show some thumnbail preview, like it does with description when the CC is not found. ^_^

When my Sim wears red hair (third swatch), but the first thumb is showing black hair, then your program will only show the first swatch and not the third where the red hair actually are.

If no thumbnail is found for the current swatch, S4TI try to find the closest one in the same package file.

Just come to thinkin' that maybe the very first hair swatch is linked to ALL swatches.

Each object as their own group, and each swatch has a display index for that group, the lowest one is the main one (5 in most cases).

groupswatch.png

1 personne aime ça

Il y a 5 heures, LuvMySimz a dit :

I spend 3 days now editting CC's adding thumbnail frame overlays to each temporary game created thumbnail icons such as clothing, jewelry, shoes, makeup etc.

just so your program would'nt say missing mod

If you have an example where this happen, I would be very interested to see what is causing this problem. ^_^

Posté(e) (modifié)

10 minutes ago, deevo said:

If no thumbnail is found for the current swatch, S4TI try to find the closest one in the same package file.

I have just tested it with a hair package by creating my own thumbs to EVERY swatch. Sadly to say it did not change anything. Only the first swatch is showing as the hair.

ETA:

It's the game that is too lazy to create a thumb for every swatch ;)

Modifié par LuvMySimz

Just now, deevo said:

If you have an example where this happen, I would be very interested to see what is causing this problem. ^_^

I will post a file when I see it again.

1 personne aime ça

il y a 3 minutes, LuvMySimz a dit :

I have just tested it with a hair package by creating my own thumbs to EVERY swatch. Sadly to say it did not change anything. Only the first swatch is showing as the hair.

Did you try to remove the original one or move your own package so that it appears first when S4TI scans your Mods folder? :ermm:

S4TI is lazy too! lol

Posté(e) (modifié)

35 minutes ago, deevo said:

Did you try to remove the original one or move your own package so that it appears first when S4TI scans your Mods folder? :ermm:

S4TI is lazy too! lol

No, I removed the thumbs from an existing hair CC and added my own thumbs to every swatch just to test if this will make any differences when rescanning the Sim with S4TI but no changes.

I opend the game/CAS again and no changes there.

It will still show only the first black hair swatch in game and S4TI even though my Sim is wearing the red hair which is the third swatch. Oh well.... guess you can't have everything :whistle:

Maybe I didn't make clear enough that hair behave different as far as the swatches goes. With clothing you get the little extra swatch menue showing right underneith the thumbnail. Not so with hair. I guess that is why.

Modifié par LuvMySimz

Ah, my bad, I have not launched the game for a long time. :rolleyes:

Now I see, the game only create a thumb for the black hair swatch (or the main one) and then use a palette for all other swatches. :o

You can browse the localthumbcache with the Image Viewer to see or extract them (use the CAS THUMB filter).

So all I need to do is add a box to show the actual swatch color so that you can see it properly in S4TI. ^_^

I still need to fix the main hair if a recolor is located in a different package.

Thanks for pointing me out the problem. :flowers:

1 personne aime ça