YIMann

Showing all CC needed

I tried to use the Tray Importer to determine what CC is necessary for a Sim. If the actual CC is not in the Mods directory it is not listed under CC in the Tray Importer and when I tried to replace a Sim CAS within the game it states that unavailable CC has been removed. How can I see the full list of needed CC to ensure I have the required CC in place in Mods. Merci

Hi,

CC can also be DLC Packs.

The game only stores the id of the objects in the file, no names, no info.

The best way is to find the source of the content and see if they have somewhere a list of the CC used, or simply ask the creator.

But I see what you mean.
It will be optional since it could really slow down the scan.

Thank you for reply and of course thank you for your tray importer program. In its current operation do you get those Ids and then list any that match CC in the Mods. Could the Ids of the unmatched be also listed.  Is there a utility program to display those Ids in human readable form. Again your assistance to Sims 4 players is most appreciated.

Yep, S4TI only scans the Mods folder and tries to match all the listed ids. Not the best way, but it's the fastest!
This part already needs to be rewritten since I also want to show CCs that replace the game contents.

I'm already working on forcing unmatched ids to be added to the list. :/

If you really need a tool now, I think there is a mod on ModTheSims that can list all the ids used by Sim while you are in game.

Hi,

I uploaded a beta here.

For now, this should at least works for Sims. :/

Color Table:

• Green -> Outside Mods folder  (used by Custom Paths and Original Game Files)
  • Red    -> Missing  (used by Missing Packs and Content Not Found)
  • Green Highlight -> Custom Paths
  • Red Highlight    -> Content Not Found
  • Gray Highlight   -> Duplicate

Thank you for this beta which I am now exploring. Your program is very much appreciated. Merci beaucoup.

The CC tab in the tray importer has all CC needed for the sims or lot. There will be a section that says "Missing" if you do not have it. I know that. My issues is, everyone I have seen using the importer has been able to then search it on google, I do not have that option working. I can see it, but it is grayed out and not clickable. :(

Hi @caligurl4evr,

The find on Google option won't work for parts in red, simply because there's no info except for the id which most creators won't publish. :(

This option work better for existing contents (not red) that don't have a friendly name.

The first thing you should try is finding the original creator of the item and ask him/her which CC is linked to the id.

In an alternative world, CC creators append the content id alongside their CCs, this way we have a better chance to find the missing parts. :rolleyes:

If you feel lucky, you can write the id on Google with "sims 4" keyword, but this may just not works.

But if the option is grayed out for contents other than missing ones (red) or game contents (green), that should not be the case. :ermm:

Thank you, that makes sense. I just wish some creators were better about giving CC links :(  This is why I wanted that button to work. Thank you for your response.

There's so many CC creators that something we forgets who created them. Adding the id would be a good idea, if not a good practice. ^_^

Current version allows to append a mini lookbook, but user must fill the CC info in the CC tab prior to use it. This option is available in the Export dialog.

The lookbook is read by S4TI when importing and allows to resolve CCs even when they are missing.

This allows to exclude the CC files and reduce the download size, but user will need to download each CCs.

Also, Exporting with an older version and Importing with a newer one may leads to missing CCs since some parts where unknown to older versions and the user was not award that it was part of their content.

Current version has a problem with genetic parts not listed. Further missing parts to come ! :rolleyes: